Dr. Alexander is contracted with the following insurances:
- Most Blue Cross/Blue Shield plans (but not Boeing, which uses a non-Blue Cross plan for mental health services)
- First Choice
- Washington State Labor and Industries (note: depending on my current caseload, I am not always able to accept L & I patients).
My office will submit claims for the above insurances. It is your responsibility to pay your deductible, co-pays and estimated co-insurance (a percentage you owe, if applicable) at the time of the visit. If insurance has not paid within 60 days, you are responsible for the entire bill, although I will continue to attempt to collect from the insurance company, and will refund any overpayment that you make.
I am an out-of-network provider on all other insurance plans, including:
- United Healthcare (except TRICARE)
In some cases, insurances have an out-of-network benefit, and will pay part of my fees even if I am not contracted with them. We can discuss this on a case-by-case basis.
The fee for an initial evaluation is $300 - $375. If I am contracted on your insurance, the insurance discount will be applied, and the amount owed is the “insurance allowable” for the billed service.
Fees for follow-up visits can be complicated. Many visits have two separate fees: one fee for medical services, and another fee for psychotherapy services. If you are paying privately, we will try to work out something that is not too complicated. In general:
- 15-25 minute follow-up visits: expect a fee from $125 - $160.
- 30-60 minute follow-up: expect a fee from $160 to $240.
We can discuss your situation on a case-by-case basis.
Fees Not Covered by Insurance
I do charge for the following services, which are NOT covered by insurance:
- Cancellations made less than two business days in advance.
- No-shows – you may be charged the entire, non-discounted fee.
- Prolonged or frequent phone calls.
My office policy form explains these charges in more detail.